Saturday, October 21, 2017

A whole new world!

Hi Mom! 

The MTC is WAY different than I thought it would be. The first few days are so hard for someone who doesn't socialize much like me, but as long as you're friends with your companion/district, you'll get better each day. I've already had so many cool experiences here, it's unreal. I was feeling really depressed and had major anxiety the first day here, so when we met our Branch Presidency on the second night, I asked the First Counselor Brother Hoggan (hoag-un) to give me a blessing. I still get a bit sad every now and then, but I remember the blessing he gave me and my district supports me a lot. We had a class with one of our teachers, Sister Hanshaw, and I really opened up and said I was grateful for their friendship and to be in their company. That made Sister Hanshaw a bit teary-eyed. 

My companion is Elder Benesch (ben-ish) and he's from Farmington. He really likes to ski and do outdoorsy stuff. He's kinda like a mix of Austin Bush and Caden's brother Tanner. We have ten people in our district; six elders and four sisters. besides me and Elder Benesch, there's Elder Hunt (who has the most contagious laugh), Elder Sonne (like 'Johnny'. He's really funny and cool), Elder Ayre (who has apparently been to our house, but neither of us remember such a thing), and our district leader, Elder Anderson. He's done one year at BYU and he's the most genuine guy I've ever met. He cares about all of us, and it's amazing. We all love joking around and talking about movies, specifically dumb ones like Hot Rod :D

The sisters are Sister Udy (yoo-dee), who's really sarcastic and chill, Sister Robinson, who's really bubbly and funny, Sister Freeman, who has a really strong spirit about her, and Sister Beverlin, who's the oldest out of any of us. She's pretty quiet but she too has a strong spirit. 
These new buildings at the MTC are HUGE and amazing. There's a mural on each floor of different things; like Moses walking with the people of Israel through the parted sea, or Nephi praying to know how to help his family. I have pictures of them, but they're on my camera, which I can't connect to the computer, so I'll have to send them later.

The Cafeteria is pretty good. There's a new item every meal, and we haven't had the same thing twice yet. There's a drink wall with all sorts of juices, sodas, and milks. Everyone goes for chocolate milk. We usualy have classes during our day, and they go for about three hours at atime, but it never feels like a drag. Our other teacher, Brother McKenzie, shares funny stories.  We scheduled meetings with practice investigators yesterday, and one of them, Emily, has been to London and found a TARDIS on the sidewalk just sitting there. I'm jealous. 

It's been a really good few days so far! I still get a bit homesick, but I know it'll get better. I'll try and get a picture with Brother Hoggan, and i'll send the pictures from my tablet rightly.

Love,

Elder Connor Keddington (B)

Shower Hair

Class with Brother McKenzie

A Familiar Flag (Ghana)

Elders Benesch and Keddington

Big 'Ol Daddy Long Legs

Temple Trip

Dr. Pepper is always watching...what a creeper!

Elders Benesch, Keddington, Hunt, Sonne, Anderson, Ayre and Sisters Beverlin, Freeman, Udy, & Robinson

1 comment:

  1. First few nights Hailey layed awake considering how one might escape from the MTC.
    Between crying jags - that is! And she was sure she would fall out of that top bunk!
    Since those first few days -
    her feet have rarely, if ever - touched the ground!!
    So, Connor.. get on your "flight" suit, Son! You're in for the "ride" of your life!! & THAT'S a PROMISE!!!

    ReplyDelete