Sunday, November 5, 2017

Almost Outta Here!

The mission in pictures


It's been a great week. On Halloween, we used those glasses you sent to prank our teacher, Sister Hanshaw. She turned around to turn on some music, and we threw them on. She laughed pretty hard about it. Not much happened out of the ordinary here, and our TRC's went well. On Thursday night, some of the guys in our district were joking around about some stuff that they probably shouldn't have been. The next morning, Elder Anderson kinda called 'em out on it in front of the sisters. There was a lot of tension between the district after that, and we had to have a meeting about it afterward. I don't remember a lot of what was said, but we Elders grew stronger because we opened up about how we really felt about everything. So that was pretty neat. On Sunday, we heard from Mitch Davis, who directed The Other Side of Heaven, Christmas Eve, and The Stray. He talked about losing yourself in the work and letting it change you. It was great. Elder Anderson and Elder Ayre are performing "Savior, Redeemer of My Soul" at this Sunday's devotional, so tune in if you can.

I love the "Sodalicious" costume. Clever, very clever. Looks like it was a fun Halloween back home. I'm glad you're enjoying your job, because you were made for that line of work. We kind of celebrated Halloween here. We all got into "costumes" and went dorm-to-dorm Trick r' Treating. For some reason, we all started singing the national anthem, and it was so loud and patriotic. Not sure what it had to do with Halloween, but hey.

I got to be a Host Missionary for new arrivals at the MTC, and I hosted Elder Chugg, who's going to the Philippines, and Elder Palesh who's going to Eugene, Oregon. One of the new Elders, Elder Schneiter, is way chill. We made drawings of him, and they're pretty great. Speaking of drawings, I got to educate the people in my district about some of the in-joke characters Caden and I made. It was really nice. I'm always educating my district about Doctor Who. I'm pretty sure I could serve a Doctor Who mission if I needed. "Will you commit to watch Doctor Who, not skipping nine, and agreeing that bowties are cool?" Yeah, that'd be great ;). I got some great packages, and it was overall a great week. Ready to head out of here Wednesday morning.

"K-A-T I'm outta here"

Elder Keddington (S)
 
We're excited for him to be able to get into the field and get to work.  I think great things are coming!
 
Elders Sonne, Rowe, Schneiter, Benesch, Hunt and Keddington

Makeshift Halloween costumes

Trick or treating with the National Anthem




Lloyd - the District Mascot
 

No comments:

Post a Comment